ANCILLARY EVENTS POLICY DURING
The Forum Secretariat and Co-Chairpersons have recognized that at the DEXEUS 2020 Forum attendees and companies seek to
maximize their networking opportunities and fulfill their professional responsibilities while at a location with so many of their
To accomplish these goals the Forum will make every effort to make available their time and space in the Forum -controlled
meeting facilities (convention center or headquarter hotels) for Ancillary Events which do not compete or conflict substantially with the official scientific program.
• Ancillary Events may not be commercial or educational in nature, i.e., they may not include a scientific program with presentations, posters, or lectures, nor include marketing demonstrations or commercial presentations.
• Ancillary Events with more than 25 attendees may not be scheduled in conflict with the official scientific program of
DEXEUS 2020 Forum
• Ancillary Events with more than 25 attendees may not be scheduled during the official scientific program of DEXEUS 2020 Forum
DEFINITION OF ANCILLARY EVENTS
Ancillary Events are non-Forum-sponsored special group events, such as business meetings of other organizations or social gatherings, held in conjunction with the DEXEUS 2020 Forum. Ancillary Events are not planned or sponsored by the Forum Ancillary Events may not be commercial or educational in nature, i.e., they may not include a scientific program with presentations, posters, or lectures, nor include marketing demonstrations or commercial presentations.
• Business Meetings: Meetings of non-commercial editorial boards, non-profit organization boards, or other non-Forum committees/working groups, study groups, etc.
• Exhibitor Internal Meetings: Meetings for the Forum exhibitor’s corporate personnel: Forum exhibitor hospitality suites.
• Investigator Meetings: Meetings for investigators of ongoing research (may be sponsored only by a Forum exhibitor).
• Social Events: Receptions, dinners, alumni events, reunions, and specialty groups where there is no educational/scientific program presented.
REQUESTS FOR ANCILLARY EVENTS
Requests for Ancillary Events must be made on official forms and approved by the Forum regardless of the Forum Ancillary Events Policy the location of the event. For meetings with more than 15 attendees, fees will be charged for requests made after a certain date. Ancillary Events should be planned and scheduled in support of the Forum Commercial organizers of Ancillary Events must be supporters of the Forum at the value of not less than the cost of an inside 9 sqm booth. Commercial ancillary event organizers who are not exhibitors will incur additional service charges for multiple events. Fees for participation by attendees outside of the recovery of food and beverage costs, such as registration fees, must be approved by the Forum. All costs for the activity, including decorator, audio-visual setup, and room changes, must be borne by the organizers. All event expenses must be paid promptly and non-payment may result in action by the Forum. The use of the Forum logo, trademark, or name in conjunction with publicity must be pre-approved. The Forum may not be represented as cosponsoring an event unless a formal request has been submitted to and approved by the Forum. Conducting demonstrations and/or displays of commercial products will not be permitted during Ancillary Events. Only Ancillary Events open to all Annual Meeting registrants will be listed in the Forum related publications. Signs, directional or informational, must be approved by, and coordinated with, the Forum management when placed in the Forum-controlled Forum facilities. Each sign must state that “This event is not organized or sponsored by the Forum.” Organizers must remove any meeting-related materials from their assigned rooms at the conclusion of the event. All participants in Ancillary Events must register for the Bi-Annual Forum unless requests for passes for non-scientific participants are received in writing at the time the Ancillary Event is approved.